Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Taiwan Escapade 2012: Part 4 - Taichung Day 1 (W Apartments)

:) For this post, content will be slightly different as compared to the previous posts. Mainly will touch on the accommodation I had in Taichung - W Apartments.

Anyway, found this service apartment through a local blogger too, and I was told by the Taiwan owner that this local blogger has recommended a lot of Singaporeans there. HAHAHAHA! So I promise I'll help to advertise a bit for her when I'm back in Singapore! ^^

So we checked out slightly earlier from Kindness Hotel so that we can start the day earlier in Taichung. Took the HSR which cost about NT$790/pax. Traveling time about 50 minutes. Super fast! :) 

Reached Taichung, weather is slightly cooler! :):):)

Something to take note of is that in Taichung, there isn't any MRT. So the most convenient to travel around is by taxi. Well, honestly it will be slightly more expensive than the MRT, but I can assure you that the fares are much cheaper compared to Singapore.

Cabbed down to our "hotel" to settle our luggage and stuff. On our way there, we were told by the cab driver that the apartment area is quite high class and it's a safe district, so we were quite 安心. About 15 minutes drive from the station to the apartment, cost us about NT$200 (if I didn't remember wrongly).

First impression of the apartment: it's similar to our condo in Singapore. HAHAHA!

The owner has quite a number of apartment units in this block, and each apartment is specially decorated with a special theme. For the different themes, you can refer to their website here

I took the 浪漫房型 (Sweet Romance theme). The design of these apartments are all-in-one, meaning that the living room, toilet, bathroom, kitchen is all in this 1 room. There's only 4 walls, so you can see everything just by turning 360° around.


Kitchen with very simple appliances (not that you'll be cooking there with so many night markets around), a big fridge, and next to the fridge is the door to the balcony. :) The apartment comes with the washing machine so you can do your laundry and hang the clothes at the balcony to dry them. ^_^ Lucky I prepared the detergent before flying off.


Our bed and the see-through toilet. :) Right in front of the bed is the tv, so we can turn to face the tv or the sofa. It's the see-through toilet that makes us very shy. LOL! I mean I don't usually have people able to see me doing my business. So whenever I need to use the toilet, I insist Mr. to go somewhere further. WAHAHAHAHA!


The see-through bathroom! O.O!!! HAHAHA! You actually have to climb over the small height to get into the bathroom. It's a bathtub cum shower room and there's only 1 wall (with the shower head on). The other 2 sides are see-through glass, and the last side is for you to look outside. Through we're facing the main road and no other tall building opposite us, we still feel uncomfortable to open the curtains.

:) I wouldn't say it's a very big apartment, but for the 2 of us, it's pleasantly spacious enough for our luggage and still have spare space for us to put our loots :) The furniture are clean and well maintain, which makes the whole experience even better. I'm sure you guys wouldn't like to go into a hotel room with old and dirty furniture too. 

Breakfast is also provided by them. It's just a 3 minute walk from the main lobby and cross the a small road. A small Chinese style restaurant that serves noodles and bread. Simple fare, but it's enough to keep you full till lunch time. ^_^!!!

Upcoming is the 2nd part of the day! Met up with Mr. A followed by a drive up the mountains and of course ending off with delicious night market food! ^^

COMING RIGHT UP!! *I promise!*

3 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for sharing nice information,Apart from renting, you can even choose for leasing the plug and play office space for rent in Bangalore where you can save a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I happen to read your blog as I m researching on serviced apartments in taichung. I tried to click on the link above. But it doesn't work. Do u have any other way for me to contact them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      This is the email I used to contact them: apple05142@yahoo.com.tw

      :) you can give it a try!

      Delete