Sunday, April 21, 2013

2XU Compression Run 2013

:) This post has been under the draft status for the past few weeks, finally managed to edit and publish! *^_^!*

:) 2nd run of the year: 2XU Compression Run - 21km. A colleague asked me to join the 21km to challenge my record timing and I thought "why not?". The Flagoff timing is at 530am which means that I won't be running under the super hot sun for long.

:) Start point is at the F1 Pit, which is besides the Singapore Flyer. :) 

A nice view while waiting for the first Flagoff! :) Started the run in a leisure pace, subsequently when there's more people, speed up a bit to avoid the crowd. The 21km route is quite standard, however, for this run there are quite a number of U-turns, which means that the view you're seeing are quite the same. :)

:) That's the Sports Hub which will be ready in 2014 with the Sunrise. 

I seldom stop to take photo during a run, but this view is too beautiful to give it a miss! ^^ And because of this, there was actually a small jam as many stop to snap a photo! If you guys are interested, it's along the Tanjong Rhu View, and that's the Kallang River! :)

The thing about running a half marathon is that at the 15km mark, you can feel your energy depleting really fast. I'm not sure about others, but for myself, I start to feel really tired and hungry, and the pacing will become even slower. Many times I wanted to stop and take a rest (not because I'm panting) to recover at least some energy but I knew that once you stopped, you will lose the momentum and it will take even longer to gain that momentum back.

I really wonder how those runners complete their full marathon! 

My new Adidas shoes on her first virgin Marathon! :) With my running kakis since University days! :)

One last shot of myself with my favorite sports drink now: 

 The Pocari Sweat! :)

Pocari Sweat was the Official Hydration for the run. And I believe this is the 2nd / 3rd time I had this drink for some of the previous marathons. Usually I would prefer 100plus as it has been around for ages and I'm used to it. But after this race, I so much prefer the Pocari instead. ^_^! It's regains my hydration faster and because the taste is very mild, my mouth don't feel as dry even after drinking 1 cup.

A bottle every time I finished my exercise now! :):):)

:) May will be running month, almost every weekend there's a run to complete. ^_^! Shall use these runs to train for the KL Standard Chartered and also for my 1st Mountain Climbing trip overseas (not considering the Mount Batur Hike in Bali).

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I have been looking for this 2xu 2013 Jersey for a while as it means something special to me. Was wondering if you wear size S and whether it's still in mint condition. Could you kindly let me have it? I'm willing to pay a price for it. Please let me know thanks! Please contact me at 81273732 or kellyyllek14@gmail.com

    Many thanks,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have been looking for this 2xu 2013 Jersey for a while as it means something special to me. Was wondering if you wear size S and whether it's still in mint condition. Could you kindly let me have it? I'm willing to pay a price for it. Please let me know thanks! Please contact me at 81273732 or kellyyllek14@gmail.com

    Many thanks,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete