Monday, June 15, 2009

WOW!~~~

Early in the morning happen to see this news article and I was amazed by this "old man" (is 61 years old considered old? ^_^)

He's the first recipient of a Medal For Life award for having donated 217 times blood. *OMG!* Seriously, that's a lot of times!~ If you do some simple mental calculations, in 1 year you'll be able to donate 4 times (every 3 months), so for 217 times, you will required 54.25 years. (WOW!!!) If I were to start now, I will only be able to donate 217 times when I'm 76 years old! >.<"" I don't even know whether I'll still be able to walk on my own when I'm that old.

I believe he started donating blood when he's in army, so that's why by the age of 61, he's able to donate blood for so many times. That's really an achievement for someone who continues (without fail) to donate every year. And I can assure everyone that donating blood is not going to cause harm to your health. You can take it as a health screening and saving lives at the same time. 一举两得!!!! (kill 2 birds with one stone?)

:) Anyway, it's more than 3 months since my last blood donation, so I'm sort of eligible for my 2nd blood donation. Initially I wanted to go during my birthday (which makes it extra meaningful) but I'll be in the camp so don't think I'll be able to make time out for it. So, I'm still looking for a day where I can go down to HSA and make an appointment with the nurses there. :) :) :)

Anyone interested to join me there? :) :) :) *heex!*

No comments:

Post a Comment