Sunday, August 16, 2009

Such a disappointment :(

Just completed the Singapore Bay Run 2009 and I must say it was quite a disappointment. It was way worse than what I had hope for and seriously, I think that they should improve on it, if not next year, maybe all you can see are just army guys (who had no choice =.=| ) running only.

Flag off time for 10kM Women Open supposed to be at 7.15am, but dragged all the way till 7.30am before they let us up the staircases onto the Esplanade Bridge. It was super stuffy below with so many people squeezing that small space, waiting for their turn to go up the staircase. Some of the guys were not able to go up because of the limited space and they missed their flag off. By the time I crossed the Starting Point, it was already 7.40am.

Along the way, quite a nice scenery, cause the morning sunlight was really great on some of the office buildings. I jog slowly for the first part enjoying the sight and relaxing since I'm running alone. Jingyuan and Han had started before me so I had to chase after them (which I have no intention of doing! ^_^!!!).

Honestly, nowadays, "aunties" (around 45-50 years old) can run super fast. I was following the pace of this "auntie" and at the 5kM point, I really cannot "tahan" liao but she was still going strong!~ I feel kind of guilty because I'm much younger than her but still cant run better than her lorh >.<"" /sign!~

Ended the run at around 8.50am. But I only managed to get my bag at 9.20am. This is the worst part of the whole event. Those army personnels messed up all our bags and couldn't find them when we came to collect them. It was super messy and people just shouted out their numbers and ignored the rest. I scolded one of the officers because he isn't doing a good job in organizing his people and the runners which leds to super big mess. Totally sux! =.=|||

I wasn't planning to go back next year!~ This shall be my first and last Singapore Bay Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment