Saturday, December 17, 2011

Finally, after a year! :)

12th December 2010 was my last try to donate blood. And I failed. Because I didn't get to have enough Fe in my system. 

A year later, 16th December 2011, I sat there nervously waiting for my Fe results and praying that the value shown will be >12.5. If not it's another wasted trip and I got poked for nothing. LOL!

And there it was "13.6!" HAHAHA! I jumped up and went straight to find myself a chair to sit on! It means I can donate blood! WAHAHAHAHA! I guess those Fe supplements works and yeah, I'll continue eating them because I wanna be a regular donor from now on! :) 


:) And that's me with my blood flowing out and right into that duper big bag (It's 450mL btw). And looking good after the whole process. I'm kind of worried I'll feel faint since I haven't had my breakfast and lunch. *YAY!*

On a side note, many people had the wrong concept that donating blood is painful. I had the first hand experience, so let me tell you, the pain is just like an ant biting you. I won't deny that there's pain, but trust me, the pain is short-lived and seriously it's much lesser than if you knock yourself into the wall. ^_^!!!

So don't wait anymore, bring a smile to someone and save another life. :) It's just an hour of your time only, but you can give the person another chance to see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment