Monday, December 05, 2011

SSMC Carnival cum Family Day 2011

It's true that just for the 4 hours of event for people to enjoy and have fun, will require 10 times more of your time to plan and prepare for it. But I'm really glad that the event turn out to be a success and everyone went home a smile on their face. ^_^!!!

This is just a short Thank You post, for everyone that has helped me in one way or another throughout the 2 weeks of planning. (Bear with me, it might get nag-gy!) 

1) SRC Team (You know who you are!)

Without you guys I'm pretty sure the whole event will not even get approved by the MT. HAHAHA! Each of you played a different part to make this Carnival so successful and memorable. And also through this whole process, I get to know each of you better. And that's the most important 收获 for me. 

2) My Diffusion peeps (Shu Fen, Wei Zhong & Keith)

Many thanks to Shu Fen for agreeing to be the Stall Manager and planning the details with me right from the start. The ideas for each stall to the allocation of prizes to going to Giant to help me carry all the stuff back to company. You've been a great help (Truly!)

Wei Zhong, for helping to tend to the Game stall and keeping all the kids so entertained that they came back again and again to try and win all the prizes. HAHAHAHA! You're really good with kids, and of course at the last part of the whole carnival tending to the Drink stall.

Keith, for sponsoring so many EXPENSIVE gifts for our stalls. Man, I think those prizes worth up to $500? (or even more!). And not to forget, sending me around to get my logistics done. Appreciate your help!

3)  Mr Lin

Short and Simple: Always there for me! :) Alright, to elaborate more, he send me to Giant to get all my supplies back and carry all the heavy stuff for me. (Not enough?) For every night that I worked into the wee hours, he volunteer to drive me back home (which is like the other side of Singapore). And also to sleep in the car when I worked till 2am in the morning the day before the carnival before driving me back for some 2-3 hours of sleep. And all these are not part of his job, he's just doing them from his heart. :)

4) Everyone

For everyone who turned up for the event to support us, I really hope you guys had fun and enjoyed it as much as I did.

:) I'm glad the carnival is over, but yet a part of me still 舍不得 those weekly meetings where everyone gathers and discuss the smallest details.

Pictures will be uploaded at a later time, when all the official photographers have submitted their copy. I can't wait to see them! :))

Quote from a friend: It's through your hard times where you get to know who's really your friend. Now I really know who are my friends and who I should appreciate more.

No comments:

Post a Comment