Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Korean Drama: Heart of 19 a.k.a Pure 19

Recently I was busy watching this Korean drama series: Heart of 19. I saw it first on Channel U and honestly it was so funny that I decided to buy the whole series and watch during my holidays (yeah currently I'm on holidays!!! ^_^).

Brief introduction:

Cast:


Koo Hye Sun as Yang Gukhwa


Suh Ji Suk as Park Yunhu

Lee Min Woo as Hong Ugyeong (Not the member of Shinhwa :) )


Lee Yoon Ji as Park Yunjeong (Yunhu’s younger sister)




Synopsis:
Gukhwa is a young country girl who leaves Yanbian(China) for Korea to get married.. When she arrives in Seoul, she finds out that her fiance had just died in a car accident. Instead of returning to China, she decides to stay and create a new life in Korea. With the help of her fiance's family and in particular his nephew, Woo Kyung, she is able to overcome the hardship of living in a foreign country.......

This series is differnt from what I normally watched. It's 167 episodes long!! (Yeah I know it's VERY LONG *_*) But I only took 3 days to complete the whole series (haha!!). Actually each episodes is about half an hour only (Thus, if you watch on Channel U and switch to DVDs, you have to ignore the episodes # that u see on Channel U since on tv it's an hour long). Therefore, 167 episodes is about 83.5 hours long which if you watch for 24 hours straight, you will only need 3.5 days (heex!!!). The best thing about this show is that you never get tired of watching it. The whole series will keep you entertained!!! ^_^

I love the 4 main characters in the show. Each of them have their own style of acting which fits their profiles exactly. I was wondering whether these are their characteristics in real life (heex!!). If you guys have watched the show, do not be deceive by the looks and age. Koo Hye Sun, Suh Ji Suk and Lee Yoon Ji are still in their twenties. But Lee Min Woo is already in his thirties (CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!). Honestly, Koreans really can keep their skin in good hands! Maybe it's due to the 4 seasons there? I heard that winter in Korea is SUPER cold. Someday I'll go and experience it and tell you guys whether it's super cold, ya? haha!!!

I like the Park Yunhu character alot. I wouldnt say that because he is handsome (THOUGH HE REALLY IS HANDSOME!!) that makes me like him alot. I guess it's something about the character. You can see how cold he is towards people and by the end of the show become a totally different person. ^_^ The love that he gives is what I want in my real life (and I have gotten it from my dear dear! heex!!)

Both Koo Hye Sun & Suh Ji Suk make a good couple (in my opinion), unfortunately they wouldnt awarded the best couple award. :( Well, keep up the good work guys!!! ^_^

Ohh, one more thing, the characters in the show have won a number of awards during the KBS Award Ceremony 2006. You can visit http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/2006award/index.html for the full list of the winners (though it's all in korean :(...). Or you can visit the official site for Heart of 19 at http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/soonjung/index.html (unfortunately it's also in Korean). Just play around the site and look at some of the really nice pictures!!!

One last thing! They have lots of really nice song and music in the show. The main theme of the show is sang by Koo Hye Sun herself: Sarang ga. If you guys love the show you will also love the OST! ^_^

Hope you enjoy the show!!! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. This is great info to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Koren dramas too, but it took me more than two weeks to finish the DVD , I really really the drama. great deal though i felt sick at the end of the show because i did not have enough rest for the particular two weeks, haha..

    ReplyDelete