Tuesday, January 05, 2010


Before 2009 ends, I decided to eat something sweet to welcome the brand new year. ^_^!!! We dropped by Ah Chew Desserts (around Bugis) to grab a bite! :) :) :) It was quite crowded (business is really good!) but manage to find some seats! :)


  



We tried the Pulot Hitam (黑罗米 in coconut milk), Black Sesame paste (黑芝麻糊) and Papaya Milk (木瓜鲜奶). The pulot hitam looks really nice when served and I didn't want to ruin the look but have no choice as the coconut milk needs to be mixed properly. It wasn't very sweet but rich in the black glutinous rice taste! DELICIOUS! :) :) :)

Black sesame paste is thick enough for me and not very sweet. I realized that most of their desserts doesn't taste so sweet (although desserts have to be sweet) which is good for me and of course the elderly! :) :) :)

Lastly, the hot papaya milk is served! Hmmm, this is my first try (I never believe papaya will help to boast breast enlargement) and it wasn't that bad. The papaya is super soft and not much smell left because all the smell is already inside the milk. I couldn't finish the milk because milk taste + papaya = a smell that I can't take it. HAHAHA! I think if I'm going to order this dessert again, I will choose a cold one. Maybe the smell won't be so strong. :) :) :)

After desserts, we walked down to Marina for the fireworks. As usual, it's super crowded (with lots of "black people") and lucky we manage to find an empty space to rest first. Finally, it's time to stand up and count down! :) :) :)


New year supposed to be a happy day, but turn out to be a scary night for me. Just 1 minute into the fireworks, I saw a spray can flew across my head and hit onto a "black guy" and it re-bounces onto my friend's leg. At first, he just touch his head (and I guess it's really painful) and thought nothing of it until I saw his shirt becomes RED! Wow! At the same time, he turned to his friend (beside him) and I saw blood flowing down his forehead. OMG OMG OMG!!! I was scared shitless (literately) and kept on moving backwards because he was trying to get rid of his blood. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring tissue out and couldn't afford to give him some. I was so upset that I didn't enjoy much of the fireworks and left once the whole show ended!

So, the next time you wished to go for such major down count event, wear a HELMET! You never know when a 黑心人 will throw a spray can at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment