Friday, January 21, 2011

Who will you choose?

:))) Some random thoughts again! Out of the blue again. :) 

I was asking him a total "assuming" question (those that has no right or wrong answer). If he has to choose between the mum and the unborn child, who will he choose? I know you guys must be wondering why in the world I would ask such question.

HAHAHA! Well, it just pop up in my mind.

Just recently, I read a book on how the dad is in dilemma when 2 most important people in his world are just a line separated between life and death. Imagine you have to make such a decision. :(((

Now back to his answer, (without any hesitation) he told me "I will choose the mum". I was quite taken aback by his reaction and also his answer. He went on saying that there's always another chance to have another baby, but there's only one wife.

*Hmmm, deep thoughts went through my mind.* 

So, I gave him another scenario. "What if the mum can't have another child again? So that's the only child  you have with your wife. Will you still choose the mum?"

He said "Yes, I will still choose the mum." (Quite unexpected!)

I argue with him that it's not right of him to decide whether the baby lives or not. And that we should let the mum decides who to live since her own life is at stake.

"I only have one wife. If she doesn't live, the child has to live with me, without a mother's love, and both of us will be miserable." And that answer is enough to convince me that whoever the wife is, she is safe for the rest of her life. Safe from his love for her. 

HAHAHAHA! Totally random, but interestingly enough, I know him a bit more now.

P.S: I think this question was posted quite long ago and till now, I remember that I didn't publish it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment